i made a yummy breakfast that i wanted to share.
and a new recipe i found for coconut flour pancakes
· 4 eggs, room temperature
· 1 cup milk (raw cow’s or coconut both work)
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon honey or a pinch of stevia
· 1/2 cup coconut flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· coconut oil or butter for frying
1. Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey or stevia.
2. In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
3. Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.
i burned mine. well, they were black. but they tasted good nonetheless!
add that with some sausage, onions, potatoes and a bit of cheese toasted in the broiler.
even all the kids ate, without a fuss!